Wednesday 18 December 2013

Hobart and giant milkshakes!!

Hey dudes

So my friend asked if I wanted to come to Hobart with her and her family for the day on Monday, so because I had nothing else planned I decided to go along.  It was a very early start with us leaving at 7:30am on Monday morning for us to get there before 10:30.  Having not gotten to sleep until close to 11:30 the night before, it was a struggle to keep my eyes open during the drive down.  Falling asleep then waking up with a very sore back and neck was not nice considering we were planning on walking around a art museum for 2 hours.  

As her parents had a business meeting, Meg and I were dropped at MONA, The Museum of Old and New Art, and at to wait half an hour until it opened at 10am.  I had already been to MONA this year so I wasn't that keen but I didn't really mind.  But to my surprise, a lot of the exhibitions and art pieces had been moved and new ones brought in.  It was good to see all the new pieces of art and have a whole new experience.  One of my favourites was an installation of a giant trampoline with little bells attached to the underside of the trampoline.  It was named Danser La Musique which translates from French to dance music or something.  So every time you jump on the trampoline, (which we could!) it would create a song using the bells and the noise from the springs.  It was quite beautiful and it made people smile and laugh which was great to see.      

After walking around for two hours or so we hoped on the MONA ferry to meet up with Meg's parents who were at Salamanca.  We walked around Salamanca for a little while trying to find somewhere nice to eat lunch, it was surprisingly hard because people were all on their lunch breaks.  After finding a cafe Meg and I both got nachos and milkshakes.  By then our stomaches were starting to eat themselves.

   Overall It was a really good day and it was good catching up with the other Mooe for a day.

Bye Bitches xx














No comments:

Post a Comment