Monday 16 December 2013

Road Trip!!

Hey Hey!

So my friends and I organised a road trip down the east coast of Tasmania to go camping at a place named Friendly's Beach.  Me not being a massive fan of the outdoors I wasn't too keen on going but looking back, I will probably remember the last three days for the rest of my life.  

  After everyone turned up to my house to pack the car, my friend got a call from her boyfriend to say that he was on his way to my house.  More the merrier we said but then realised that there were six people standing in my drive when he arrived and we were trying to get into a five seat car...  and here was the first obstacle.  We then realised that there was no possible way that any of our gear would fit into the car as well.  After packing the car enough that Megan could now not get out of the car we headed off to get lunch.  After wanting frozen cokes, we drove to the other side of town to get them from Hungry Jacks we then went to McDonalds back near my house to get cheeseburgers.  Then off we headed down the highway to the east coast.      


Friendly's Beach was such a lovely place that none of us wanted to leave.  Our little camp site was on the other side of the bushes from the beach and surrounded by more bushes.  There was only one spot were we could all get proper cell reception, which was about 1km up the road from our camp site.  After setting up our tent etc. we then noticed that the boys were yeah yet, and it had been almost 3 hours since we last saw them...  After about seven phones calls just from my phone we just excepted that they had died. They finally decided to show up at 8:30 that night, almost five hours after we got there.  We made them cook us dinner though cause we set the tent up so it was alright.

It took them close to two hours to finally cook us dinner but as the boys were really hungry they ate all but three out of 24, leaving the three for us girls.  They also ate the two loaves of bread that first night too.  

The second day we went to the beach and just chilled.  We ended up having a group nap session during lunch time for almost four hours.  That night we made pasta and played Bullshit and told stories.  I ended staying awake until about 3am talking with one of my friends.  That my dears was a good day.  

We sadly had to leave the next day though.  After packing up everything we then realised again that we had a problem.  We had way to much stuff and people for my friend's little five seater, two door car.  After packing the boot full we still had the people and all our bags and sleeping gear.  Convincing, well, making the boys get in the back, we packed all their bags, sleeping gear and my other friend on top of them I got in the car.  I got in the front seat and got my friend who owned the car to pack stuff around me and then drive out as quickly as possible.  There was no way in hell that we could make this two hour drive back to Launceston with the amount of stuff and people in the car without getting pulled over.  So we called our friend who lived in Bicheno and told them to meet us at his work so we could give him some of our stuff.  

We pretty much emptied our car straight into his car and decided that we could make it with four people in the backseat.  After pulling my puppy eyes on my friend, he said that he would be the one to stay.  So we left him in Bicheno with half of our stuff and our other friend for the afternoon   

Megan and I got almost halfway back to get him and our stuff when we get a call from our friend down in Bicheno saying that he can bring all our stuff and our friend back tomorrow.  We were annoyed that we had wasted petrol on getting to Campbell Town but then relieved that we didn't have to all the way down there.  So we just sat in the car at Campbell Town and ate hot chips and relaxed for a bit before heading home.    

The whole trip was just good to get away from everything and to be together with friends and just relax.  This trip was probably the funnest thing I have done in a while so thanks peeps that came with us! 

Good Night xx  

  
























No comments:

Post a Comment