Monday 9 December 2013

WORK EXPERIENCE & 2014

Hey guys,

I've just spent the last 3 days doing work experience at my old high school.  I worked with the lovely Miss Katherine doing sound and lighting for school assemblies and a dance studio's end of year production.  It was so much fun helping out and getting to see how it all works.  It has given me a look into the industry that I am currently thinking of pursuing.  The first day that I was there I ended up working for 13 and a half hours.  We set up for a year 8 and year 5 graduation, rigged and refocused lights and also set up for the rehearsal for the dance studio's production.  It was such a crazy busy day helping set everything up, but it was so much fun.  Then on the Saturday we had to rig one more light for the disco ball and then do the sound & lighting for the matinee and evening performance.  Saturday involved a lot of sitting in the bio box and watching the performance that I had already seen twice.

I became interested in backstage stuff for theatre after being a mech for the senior school musical.  I was given the opportunity to be the stage manager for the middle school play after I helped with the musical.  Both productions helped open my eyes to the world of theatre.  After talking with a drama teacher over the weekend,  I'm interested in a course at maybe NIDA in Sydney in a Bachelor of Fine Arts: Production (I think that's what it's called).  Being trained in this opens a lot of doors and there will always be work backstage.  The good bit about this is that I can actually see myself doing this and enjoying it to.  This skill can take me all around the world and I could work for anyone anywhere.    




Oh and last week I went to Geelong to take a look around Geelong Grammar's campus.  I got in contact with the vice-principal through my scholarship program look for a job for next year.  Having Geelong Grammar partnered with Yalari (my scholarship program) has given me the opportunity to become a gap assist and Indigenous student support officer for the school next year.  So what I'm saying is that I am moving to Geelong at the end of January in 2014!! 
I've been told that I will be living in a share house with two girls from the Uk that is on campus and that I have full access to all the school's facilities.  Oh my geezus I am excited for next year!  I'm excited to be living independently and having a job!! Argh I'm so excited!! Anyway here is a selfie I took going to the airport on the way home.  I will find the photos that I took in Geelong at the esplanade tomorrow. 

Good Night xx 


Here are some photos that I took in Canberra :) 


 









No comments:

Post a Comment