Saturday 22 March 2014

Anglesea Part 1

Hey guys,

So two weeks, I headed off on the bus to Anglesea with the grade 7s for a week.  I was keen as for it because it wold be the first time I was away from the school for a while like properly.  Due to me being the only female gappie there I got my own room with a double bed (score)!  I was put in the same block as some of the year 7 boys and next door to two of the male gappies.  I also shared a bathroom with the two boys, which wasn't as bad as it sounds haha.   


On the first day my group was down for body boarding.  It was nice and hot so it was good to get into the water, but man were the waves dumpy.  It was fun but I almost took a couple of kids out because there were just shit tonnes of them in the water.  There was about five different surf/body boarding classes out in the surf that afternoon.  


Wednesday my group (Group A) was down for "mountain biking" (it was more of a casual ride around Anglesea) and an initiative course full of problem solving activities for the kids.  On Wednesday night us gappies held a social for the kids.

Thursday Group A did some activities on the beach and made sand castles and we also went surfing.  Oh my surfing was hard for me.  I'm such a spud that I kept falling off and getting dumped and thrown around in the surf.  Oh such fun.  



Friday the kids did kayaking, I didn't feel like doing it so I just stayed on shore and took photos.  They were doing a lap around this little island in the centre of the lake, which was gonna take them like half an hour so I walked to the shops and got a coffee; a real coffee.  I enjoyed staying dry and taking photos.  

All up the camp was amazing and I would happily do it again if I got the chance.  


xx

       

No comments:

Post a Comment