Monday 24 March 2014

Anglesea Part 2

Hey guys,

After camp I went back down to Anglesea for the long weekend.  I stayed with my mentor's family in their little bungalow type thing.  Their shack was awesome.  As my mentor is an art teacher I imagined nothing less than how she styled their place.  All I can say is wow, it was awesome.  Her and her husband have two young children who are absolutely adorable and they are obsessed with Harry Potter at the moment so I love them even more.  I think I watched about three Potter movies over the weekend which was great.  









We went to Lorne on Saturday to look at the Lorne Sculpture Festival, which was awesome.  The weather was temperamental which was annoying but I had fun.  Even though it the weather was shit there were still tonnes of people everywhere which surprised me. The kids also asked if we all could go to this book shop, which was certainly fine by me.  It was such a cute little shop with wooden shelves filled with books that reached right up to the ceiling.  There were so many people inside though.  It was a struggle for me to walk around inside with my backpack on without knocking over books or a small child.  I found some good books in there which i ended up spending my food money on, oops. I ended up buying five different books;
Tape by Steven Camden
Lonely Planet's Best Ever Photography Tips by Lonely Planet
Around The World In 80 Raves by Marcus Barnes    
Beauty by Lauren Conrad
The Rules of Photography And When To Break Them by Haje Jan Kamps
So money well spent in my opinion. 






We went to the beach in Anglesea on Sunday as it was surprisingly hot after the day before.  Oh my lord were there loads of people.  Not only on the sand but also in the water.  You couldn't stand in one place to long without having to try and dodge a surfer, a swimmer or even try not to get caught in a rip.  It was fun though.  It was so hot that I actually put sunscreen on for the first time in ages(everyone should put sunscreen on anyway, I just always forget or can't be bothered but you always should).  




The last day was just spent packing and cleaning up the house.  So all up it was a nice and relaxing weekend spent in Anglesea.  I definitely plan on going back some time in the future.

Laters xx  




No comments:

Post a Comment